Welcome to Year 6
Teacher - Mrs Tomlinson (Vice Principal)
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Collier and Miss Gray
Welcome to your final year in your priamry school journey! Year 6 is full of new responsibilities, new experiences and of course new challenges. The Year 6 team cannot wait to start this exciting journey with you all and watch you all grow in readiness for your next step to high school.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the Year 6 Curriculum or any issues regarding your child please contact the school office to arrange an appointment, either by phone or email email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries or questions.
Things you need to know:
- The school day starts at 08:40 a.m. promptly and finishes at 3:15 p.m. You must be on time and ready to learn.
- Uniform - Dress Smart - Think Smart. Please ensure correct uniform is worn every day, with shirts tucked in and hair tied back.
- P.E is on Monday and Friday afternoon. Please ensure you are wearing the correct school P.E kit.
- Homework is set each week on a Friday and due back on Wednesday. Daily tasks may also be set in order to further support the learning in school. This will be recorded in the pupil's diaries.
- Children have 30 minutes daily reading homework, which should be recorded in their diaries, and brought into school every day.
- Resources/stationary are provided in school.
- Pupils must bring a full water bottle to school each day.
- For children who travel to and from school independently, we need signed written permission. These children may bring their phone to school with them; this must be switched off and signed into the school office each morning before school and collected each evening.
Key stage 2 SATS Dates for 2023
The key stage 2 tests are timetabled from Tuesday 9th May to Friday 12th May
English Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Paper 1
English Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Paper 2
English reading test
Maths Paper 1: Arithmetic
Maths Paper 2: Reasoning
Maths Paper 3: Reasoning
Year 6 SATs presentation for parents: January 2023
Year 6 Curriculum and Expectations
As a school, we report your child’s progress against these end-of-year expectations at our parent evenings during the year.
The following terms will be used:
· Your child is not on track to meet the end of year national expectations.
· Your child is on track to meet the end of year national expectations.
· Your child is on track to exceed the end of year national expectations.
Any extra support you can provide in helping your child or children to achieve these will benefit them greatly.
Year 6 Residential to Laches Wood
Wednesday 21st June 2023 to Friday 23rd June 2023