We achieved Gold again! Well done to our pupils who have taken part in all things sport this year!
The criteria we met to receive these awards are as follows:
Recognition Award – for schools who:
- Achieved any level of School Games Mark last year (18/19) or
- Attended 2 or more competitions between September and March or
- Looked on track to achieve School Games Mark this year.
Virtual Award – for schools who:
- Have had pupils regularly entering School Games Virtual Competitions or
- Encouraged pupils to stay active at home while not in school.
About School Games Mark
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress.
What are the key criteria?
Each School Games Mark application is divided into four sets of questions. They cover the following basic topics...
- Participation - how many young people at your school are being engaged in sporting activity?
- Competition - how many different sports are being played and how many competitions are being entered?
- Workforce - how many pupils are involved in leadership activities alongside taking part in competitions?
- Clubs - how many local links does your school have with clubs or establishments from the area?