Our Library in school
- Increase children’s enjoyment and access to books.
- Encourage children to try new authors and subjects.
- Encourage children to research new areas of learning.
- Enjoy a moment of reading, quiet and relaxation or take a book home to share or read alone!
Using the library
- All pupils are members of the school library.
- The library is open to children 8.45-3.00 every day. Each class has a dedicated session for library use, including over lunchtimes and Mr Brandon runs dedicated library sessions to help ensure that all children can develop a love of reading.
- Each class has two reading ambassadors who help with promoting the library. Year 5 and Year 6 pupils are our librarians and help to keep the space well-stocked, tidy and support our younger pupils with choosing books.
- Key stage one children visit the library as part of their English/reading lessons each week. Key stage two pupils have a specified slot during a guided reading session and over lunchtimes (see timetables in classes).
- Children may borrow one book at a time and must sign this out and back in on the library cards in each classroom.
- Books are loaned for two weeks but we don't mind if you bring one back sooner!
- Damaged and lost books will be charged for.
What books do we have in our library?
We have dedicated sections for:
- Older children with more challenging reading books (including classics)
- Marvel Zone and Comic Corner
- Fiction (by many of your favourite authors)
-Top twenty reads zone for each year group
-National Geographic corner
- Younger children
-Ebooks and QR storytime
- Picture books
-Cuddly character corner