Our Library in school
- Increase children’s enjoyment of books.
- Increase the range of books children have access to.
- Encourage children to try new authors and subjects.
- Encourage children to research new areas of learning.
- Learn together as a family.
- Enjoy a moment of reading, quiet and relaxation!
Using the library
- All pupils are members of the school library.
- The library is open to children 8.45-3.00 every day. Each class has a dedicated session for library use, including over lunchtimes.
- Each class has two reading ambassadors who help with promoting the library. Year 5 and Year 6 pupils are our librarians and help to keep the space well-stocked, tidy and support our younger pupils with choosing books.
- Key stage one children visit the library as part of their English/reading lessons each week. Key stage two pupils have a specified slot during a guided reading session and over lunchtimes (see timetables in classes).
- Children may borrow one book at a time and must sign this out and back in on the library cards in each classroom.
- Books are loaned for two weeks.
- Damaged and lost books will be charged for.
What books do we have in our library?
We have dedicated sections for:
- Older children with more challenging reading books (including classics)
- Marvel zone
- Fiction (by many of your favourite authors)
-Top twenty reads zone for each year group
-National Geographic corner
- Younger children
-Ebooks and QR storytime
- Picture books
-Cuddly character corner