English and Maths
Writing in Reception
In Reception we are developing our writing skills everyday, through a variety of activities that don't always include a pencil!
Below are some examples of writing from the end of Reception:
ELG10 – Writing
Children use their phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds. They also write some irregular common words. They write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others. Some words are spelt correctly and others are phonetically plausible.
In Maths the children will be using 'Tentown' to understand the formation and values of numbers. We use songs and stories to gain an in-depth understanding of number and values, starting to record and form numbers. We will also be focusing on sorting, numbers within 10 and time.
Our Power Maths This Term will help us to learn about...
· Learning number bonds to ten.
· Learning to use composition.
· Using a ten frame to show numbers.
· Exploring and talking about shapes and their properties.
· The children will be gin to understand the concept of measure.
· Forming and recognising patterns.
· Counting forwards and backwards.