English and Maths
Writing in Reception
In Reception we are developing our writing skills everyday, through a variety of activities that don't always include a pencil!
Below are some examples of writing from the end of Reception:
ELG10 – Writing
Children use their phonic knowledge to write words in ways which match their spoken sounds. They also write some irregular common words. They write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others. Some words are spelt correctly and others are phonetically plausible.
In Maths the children will be using 'Tentown' to understand the formation and values of numbers. We use songs and stories to gain an in-depth understanding of number and values, starting to record and form numbers. We will also be focusing on sorting, numbers within 10 and time.
Our Power Maths This Term will help us to learn about...
- Numbers to 5-developing a deep understanding of each number e.g. different ways of making 4
- Sorting objects into 2 groups
- Comparing groups within 5
- Change within 5 – one more and one less
- Time – ordering the events in the day