Wow! What a fantastic term we are having in Y1.
Last week, as part of our Our Amazing World topic, the children went on and adventure to two very different countries. We compared the two countries and researched the climates that they have and what it may be like to live there.
Mrs Boughey and Mrs Woodhead would like to thank all Parent for their continued support in reading at home. The children are taking part in a weekly reading raffle, each having the opportunity to win a weekend with their favourite class story. So do not forget reading folders need to be in school everyday.
English - Non-Fiction Texts
Maths - Place value
Phonics - Phase five
We are learning the alternative spellings of graphemes and phonemes.
*Note to parents* - If you would like any extra advice or resources to support your child at home in their phonics, please feel free to pop in and see me.
Science – Animals Including Humans and Season
History / Geography – Our Amazing World
PE – Gymnastics
RE – Prayer
Computing - E-safety and Word Processing.
- PE Days - Monday and Tuesday.
- Homework - Sent home on a Friday, to be handed in on a Wednesday.
- Reading with your child at home is so important. Please try and read every night, even if it is just 5 minutes. If you would like any extra advice or support, please come and see me.
- Phonics morning group - Every Tuesday morning at 8:20am, starting 22nd November 2016.
- Celebration Assemblies every OTHER Friday at 9:00am - Please come along and celebrate the learning taking place in our school.