Wow! What a fantastic term we are having in Y1.
If you came to Year 1's celebration assembly you will have seen all the FANTASTIC learning we have been doing about Dinosaur Planet! A few weeks ago we found a T-Rex on the playground and a dinosaur graveyard. We needed to investigate the scene and we found an egg. Since then we have been writing recounts, creating dinosaur alliteration and poems, and also we have learned to move and sound like a dinosaur. RAAAAAAR!
Rehearsals for our Christmas Show A Midwife in Crisis are well under way. Be sure to practice lines at home and get costumes ready! How exciting!
Mrs Boughey and Miss Fielding would like to thank all the parents and carers for their continued support in reading at home. Try not to forget reading folders need to be in school everyday.
English - Poetry
Maths - Numberbonds
Phonics - Phase five
We are learning the alternative spellings of graphemes and phonemes and split digraphs.
*Note to parents* - If you would like any extra advice or resources to support your child at home in their phonics, please feel free to pop in and see us.
PE – Gymnastics/ Games
RE – Prayer and Advent soon...
Computing - E-safety and Word Processing.
- PE Days - Monday and Tuesday.
- Homework - Sent home on a Friday, to be handed in on a Wednesday.
- Reading with your child at home is so important. Please try and read every night, even if it is just 5 minutes. If you would like any extra advice or support, please come and see me.
- Celebration Assemblies every OTHER Friday at 9:00am - Please come along and celebrate the learning taking place in our school.
- Mass - Every other Thursday.